What to eat if you want to lose weight
Dinners are the most complicated meals when trying to take care of ourselves or lose weight. We are always in a hurry, we come home tired and we eat whatever we have in the fridge. The problem is that this last intake of the day must be done with a head, because it is what makes us fatter.
Also, it is not good not to have dinner at all. If we go to bed hungry, we run the risk of not sleeping well and waking up in the wee hours of the morning with a stomach ache. For this reason, reader, in addition to knowing what kind of food we can have for dinner, today we are going to give you ideas for easy-to-make, cheap, simple and healthy dinners.
But, what can i eat if i want to lose weight?
If you are going to have dinner away from home
If you do not want to cook and you are going to order food at home, the best thing is that, if you do not want to gain weight, choose a Chinese restaurant. “Ask for a double serving of steamed vegetables with steamed squid and some brown rice,” recommends nutritionists.
Of course, she warns her, do not ask for or add any sauces, since “they are usually loaded with sugar and starch.” And eating this late at night will only make you fat, since every extra calorie will be stored in your body as fat.
Another healthy option that you can choose is roasted or grilled chicken, accompanied by salad. A Thai restaurant would also be nice, without choosing the pasta, of course.
To cook yourself at home
Ideally, you base your dinners on protein and low-calorie foods, such as vegetables. A perfect dinner would be a piece of lean meat (fish, chicken…), grilled or baked, accompanied by a good portion of vegetables. The ones that satisfy the most, and ideal for this time of year, are lettuce, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans…
You can make these green leafy vegetables cooked by adding a little salt, and if they seem too bland you can fry them in the pan with a little olive oil and garlic. Also, if you are one of those who has a good serve, it would be recommended that you add a vegetable broth or an egg white, in order to fill you up faster without putting your figure at risk.
The perfect foods for dinner if you don't want to cook
In addition to the above, and that you can make variations in the cooking depending on your morning and free time, we detail below the best foods for dinner, and what you should include in your dishes:
- Cucumbers: With only 16 calories per 100 grams, they are a great option for dinner.
- Lettuce: It has 6 calories per 100 grams and is rich in fiber, vitamin B, folic acid and manganese.
- Broccoli: Contains just 34 calories per 100 grams, and is one of the most revered superfoods as it is packed with fiber and antioxidants.
- Cabbage: It has only 32 calories per 100 grams, so you can get bloated.
- Asparagus: they provide 20 calories per 100 grams. You can have them white, canned, or green and grilled with a pinch of salt and olive oil.
- Tomatoes: they are a great option to eat at the end of the day. These vegetables contain about 19 calories per 100 grams.
- Chicken or vegetable broth: it has only 35 calories per 100 grams. It will fill you up and calm your hunger without adding calories or fat.
- Zucchini: It has just 18 calories per 100 grams. Now with the cold, you can make it puree, delicious.